Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Rant on my Soapbox


As with most of my blogs, let me say that there will probably be spelling & grammar errors.  I might make some of you mad.  But as we live with free will, my opinions are my opinions.  I'm allowed to have a different one then you.  As you don't have to agree with me, you can have your own opinion.  Please understand though, just because we have different opinions doesn't me I have the right to force mine down your throat or you to force yours down mine.  I'm all for a great discussion as long as that's what it is.  No bashing, no name calling, no religion thumping and no shoving it down my throat.  This is just a small portion of what goes on in my head... Please bear with me.  

I've read a lot in the last 48 hours about Bruce Jenner/Caitlyn Jenner.  How she's a Hero, How she's not a hero, How he will always be a he, How he and everyone like him is going to hell.  And the list goes on and on.  As someone who is friends with a number of the Transgender community she has taken the steps many of these people would like to take to become the person they are inside.  It is not for anyone to Judge.  (I know as a majority Homosapiens will judge)  Yes, if you believe in the bible it does state (not exact words) to show the lost the path.  What it does not say is to shove that path down our throats and make us feel like we are worth nothing.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion and has the right to express that opinion, but not the right to be hatefully or hurtful with it.  

I have fought with my "religion" all my life.  Trying to figure out if I fit into any of the hundreds of religions out there.  I've been to many different "churches" and never seemed to fit into any given one.  I even thought for a while there I found a "Home"  but in the end I still felt like I didn't belong there and moved on.  As of this moment I believe there is a Big Man up there, but I have a very hard time with any organized religion. Now that portion being said, I believe in equal rights for every HOMOSAPIEN.  I don't care if you are male, female, black, white, gay, straight, transgender or whatever.  I do not think it is our place to judge anyone.  That is between the person and their maker.  Their maker is the one who will judge in the end.  

I believe that there a many types of Hero's in this world.  You don't have to wear a uniform to be a Hero.  Just many that do wear them are.  I believe Bruce/Caitlyn Henner is a Hero for the Transgender Community.  This is a step in the right direction for them.  Hopefully a step towards acceptance.  I think it's funny how in today's society there is still a race card, but have you ever noticed no matter what race everyone "hates" the LGBT Community.  This will be a never ending battle until People learn it is not our place to judge.  But again, some will always judge.  It is Homosapien nature. 

I Very MUCH SUPPORT our LGBT Community.  But please understand as long as you aren't hurting people I pretty much support.  In my household we are teaching our children to accept everyone based on the person they are on the inside.  Not the color of their skin, their religion, or who the have sex with or love.  A person is a person.  People also make mistakes and for those that are truly trying to atone for the mistakes and become a better person then they deserve a second chance.  Our home is Sanctuary.  For those of our friends in need, who need help.  Once you step foot on our property you put aside all your hate or prejudices aside and we are just family! 

So this rant has gone all over the place and if you have been able to follow it great if not then oh well.  But the bottom line is EVERYONE should be treated EQUAL No Matter what! 

For my Ohana reading this I LOVE ALL OF YOU!  

1 comment:

  1. Sanctuary indeed. I've never found a place with such loving and accepting people from so many backgrounds.

    And the kids are awesome. You've taught them well. Children are born without judgment or cruelty. They learn that, and you've made sure they learn not to.

    ReplyDelete