Sunday, July 18, 2010

Twinkle

I sit here looking up at the thousands of stars that twinkle
And all I can think of is you.

I look out at the pool and think of the fun we had
And all the fun we will have in the future.

I miss my babydoll, I miss you
More than I ever thought possible.

I miss the nights when we lay on the couch
And started many, many movies.

I remember the look of hunger in your eyes
When I showed you my presents…. In your favorite color.

I can’t wait to see that look again,
But even with missing you like this I know this is what we need.

This I a test of our relationship
To see how strong we are.

I know we are both very strong
And that we will get through this.

This and any other thing that life throws at us
To try and stop us from loving each other.

I just want you to remember that I love you
And that I will always be here for you no matter what.

-NJ Shotwell
10-09-1998
Revised 07-18-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment