Sunday, May 9, 2010

Forever Shut

Two clouds pass each other through the light
as two friends drift in different directions.

The thread holding together their bond
slowly unravels in the evening mist.

Their souls that were so intertwined
struggle to break free of the unity they had.

A troubled butterfly flutters across the dewy meadow
while the lonely caterpillar strives to finish it's cocoon.

A single tear slides down my face
as you walk away from the dream I call friendship.

My heart skips a beat and my soul shatters
as I realize that our souls are no longer connected.

The morning sun rises for the new day
as the moon says if farewells to the darkness of night.

I greet the dawn with fear and anxiety
as I await for the blood to flow freely.

Than my eyes glaze over
and remain forever shut.


NJShotwell
03-05-07

No comments:

Post a Comment