Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Life

So the other day I was sitting there and realized that I have turned 30 and accomplished nothing that I set out to accomplish when I was younger. Now don't get me wrong I have two beautiful children, a wonderful man, a great set of friends and the best parents anyone could ask for. But what happened to all my dreams? When did I stop believing in what I wanted to do. I really couldn't tell you. I know it's been at least 8 or 9 years since I've tried to do anything. Besides turning 30 I think part of my melancholy is the baby blues. It's easier to upset me lately, and I cry at the drop of a hat. UGH! Seriously I cried during a Hal mark commerical. I'm a dork!

So I've decided to get my life back together. Thankfully I have wonderful people behind me. I'm gonna go back to school and I'm gonna go back for history with a minor in either writing or journalism. I'm gonna start writing again. Well I already have. I actually wrote a new poem the other day. I'm gonna go through all my half started stories and either finish them, combine them or throw them away and start anew. But I am going to write 3 times a week at least. Daniel bought me a new journal so I can carry it with me at all times. That way if something comes to me I can write it down. :D

Ethan graduates Kindergarten Next week. It's so hard to believe that he's six let along gonna be in 1st grade next year. A 6 yr old and a 6 wk old. Oh my! Ethan asked me if I was gonna give him a baby sister the other day. I just laughed. Told him he has 4 older sisters he has no need for a baby sister. His reply to this, "I can't protect my bigger sisters, but a baby sister. Mack and I will watch out for her." It was the cutest thing I think I've ever heard. Highly doubtful that it will happen, but still.

I have this wonderful guy in my life, that I will one day marry. Though that is just a formality. We already call each other husband and wife. I don't know what I would do without Daniel. He is my strength and my light. He is doing everything he can to provide for our family. Even working two jobs and having almost no time to himself. I thank God every day for such a wonderful, thoughtful, caring, generous man.

I have two awesome freaking parents. I don't know what I would do without them. No matter what they've always ha my back and they're always helped me when I need it. Yes my mother and I have our issues, but what mother/daughter doesn't. As I get older I realize alot of our issues are because we are alot alike. I want to thank them for being who they are and teaching me to be me and if people don't like it, it's there lose.

I have a great set of friends. People who I couldn't have gotten through the last 2 months without. So thank you! You know who you are. I have to give Sharra and Matt a special thank you. Matt without you letting me steal your wife when I needed her, and taking over her duties at the office so she could be at the hospital with me I think I might have gone a little crazy. Shar we've had our ups and downs, but through it all we've always had each others backs. I love you and am very grateful that I have you in my life. Even with all the crap we've gone through to make it to this day. :D

I think I've babbled enough for one day. I ask that if you have a moment to take the time to read over my poems and any stories I may post. Feed back, either good or bad is always welcome. It is your opinion and I respect that even if you don't like what I write. No I may not keep it posted for everyone to see if it's negative....LOL! Just kidding.

Thank you everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment